This formula was shared at a farmer’s livestock improvement seminar and one lady farmer reported a 100% milk production rise in two weeks:
Ingredients (10 kg)
- Molasses 3,8 kg
- Urea 1.2 kg
- Minerals (DCP) 0.2 kg
- Industrial salt 0.3 Kg
- Maize bran 3.2 kg
- Cement 10 kg
- Prepare a box that will receive the poured mixture. Test it by pouring into it about 15 litres of water. Then pour out the water.
- Start the actual mixing with a litre of water into which you will pour molasses. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the other ingredients, one at a time, mixing thoroughly each time.
- Finish with cement.
- Leave to dry under a shade, protected from rain.
- Keep in cool dry place (e.g. a shade or an airy room) for about 2 weeks to dry.
Your cows will salute you in more ways than one!
Caution: Cows typically like the urea block so much that they can over-eat it, so serve kidogo (a little) at a time when you first introduce it. After they have gotten used to it being around, they will lick it only when they feel like.